The Power Sequencer Addon for Blender 2.8 provides some tools for working a bit faster in the Video Sequence Editor. At the moment the developers are working hard to get the documentation and changelog updated. Meanwhile you can check what I found out what is working. If you learn these shortcuts, working with the VSE in Blender saves some time.
Interesting shortcuts in the Power Sequencer addon
- C. Select a strip on the left and press C. Then the stips on the right in the same channel will snap to the selected stip. This works a bit faster than dragging strips.
- Ctrl+Alt+C. Select a stip on the left and it will make a cross-fade with the strip on the right. You might want to open the dopesheet in case you want to change the keysframes of the fade.
- Shift+B. This will activate the Box-select but after that the selection will be zoomed into view. For adjusting the view in the Video Squence Editor, use Ctrl+Middle Mouse Buttton. Then drag the mouse up/down or left/right.
- 1,2,3,4 or [ and ]. With these shortcuts you change the playback speed. To refresh, you need to click on an empty location in the VSE. In the menu on top you will then see the speed. The shortcuts [ and ] is for decrease and increase speed respectively.
- Alt + Arrow up/down. With these shortcuts you can move a strip up or down. This works a bit faster than using G and then Y.
- Alt + F. Select 1 strip and this shortcut gives a fade to the right.
- Ctrl + F. Select 1 strip and this shortcut gives a fade on the left.
- Alt + S. Snap the strip to the playhead.
Most useful shortcuts in the Power Sequencer Addon – Video
Where to download the Power Sequencer Addon for Blender 2.8?
You can download the Power Squencer on Github. The addon with install as usual. Download the .zip file and in Blender you go to Edit > Preferences > Addon > Install. Then, browse to the .zip file you just downloaded and press Instal. Activate the addon, save preferences and refresh.
New Media Supply on Social Media
This website and article is provided by New Media Supply and you can find NMS here:
By engaging on Social Media you will support New Media Supply and this website. So if you have some time, thanks in advance!