Ghosts is an Onion Skinning Blender addon which aims to compile all the most Onionskin relevant features while keeping it extremely simple.
While looking for such Blender functionality, I had this frustration of not being able to find anything regrouping all at once what I wanted to do.
We have several solutions out there but I thought I needed some sort of BestOf Onionskin addon, one to rule them all 🐨.
Why is Ghosts so useful?
- All Keyframes, Direct Keyframes
- Static Range, Dynamic Range (with step)
- Specific frames
- Jump between Specific ghost frames
- Find dependencies (ability to use ctrl armatures and constraints, children objects etc…)
- Force Ghost visibility when object is disabled or hidden (ability to use low/high poly)
- No real object, direct BlenderGL
- Ghost are cached
- Auto Update when inserting / updating Keyframe
- Auto Refresh when changing current frame (making playmode available)
Ghost Shader Tweaking:
- Change before / current / after colors
- Change color transition frame count
- Change look from rim to plain silhouette
- Option to pre write z or cull faces