(Note: this is a paid addon).
EV Express is an add-on that speeds up tremendously the workflow setting up a scene in EEVEE to showcase your model. No more hassle adjust all the render settings, shadows, contact shadows, probes, etc. Per april 15 you can use the EV Express add-on also for Cycles.
You ever were in the situation that you quickly wanted to setup a scene but at the end it took a bit longer because you were looking for settings somewhere hidden? Not with EV Express. Now you can be really productive in case you need a scene to showcase your model.
The EV Express addon had quite some updates and turned out to be a complete addon with lighting setup, backgrounds, smoke, render settings, compositing nodes and camera settings. It comes also with extensive documentation.
What is included in the EV Express addon?
- Add two light rigs with best settings known so far for shadow, contact shadow, etc.
- Colour presets for lights inspired by HDRI’s from Greg Zaal. Of course it’s not possible to simulate HDRI’s with lights in EEVEE but it is pretty handy to have some presets that are recognizable.
- Add backdrops to the scene. For now, there are four kinds of backdrops.
- Add volumetrics. Ready to render, so no hassle to set up material (or find the material) but just press two buttons. Adjust color of volume.
- Add keyingset for all the settings for one of the light-rigs. This means that you can keyframe the rig and with that, you keyframe it’s colors, position, scale, and focus. Normally you have to keyframe each color for each light for example. now you can do it with one click.
- Settings related to camera which are normally spread out across several places like Lock to View, DOF, Focal Length, and with one button you place an empty for the Depth of Field. The depth of field with be automagically enbabled. How convenient! I love it.
- The global shader is now included (per 12 april update). This was a seperate addon but I merged it in the EV Express addon. See the global shader as a shader for the whole scene but has a colour scheme. With one button-click you can change the colourscheme. I stole these colour combinations from movies.
- Add nine useful Nodegroups in the compositor. There are common ones like vignette but also some unique nodegroups like Logo-overlay and Normal-FX.