Bforartists is a fork of Blender. The Bforartist website says, “The primary goal of the Bforartists fork is to deliver a refined graphical UI and better usability.” And in this article, I review this statement. I also made a video which you can see below.
Good news is that all addons are compatible with Bforartists. Again, I quote the website here:
Every feature that works in Blender should also work in Bforartists. Also, every release is always up to date with the newest Blender version. The toolset is the same. Where we differ the most is the GUI and the handling.Bforartists
So that is pretty good news because it means we can easily switch from Blender to another seamless. I prefer to install the portable version, so I have complete control of the installation (I have multiple Blender installations).
I tried out Bforartists for a few hours, and this is what I like the most:
- Small icons in the toolbars and menus.
- Colors that make Blender more readable.
- The three extra add-ons that come with Bforartists
- More space
- Fewer confirmation popups.
- Better tooltips.
- Nice and readable theme.
Below some must have links to get started with Bforartists:
- Important hotkeys: https://www.bforartists.de/data/manualbfa3/41_Important_Hotkeys.pdf (If you choose the Bforartist shortcuts)
- Bforartists website: https://www.bforartists.de/
- Documentation: https://www.bforartists.de/bforartists-2-reference-manual/
- Download: https://www.bforartists.de/download/
Where to Download Bforartists
You can download Bforartist here: https://www.bforartists.de/download/
(In my articles, you will find the download link usually at the bottom.)