The Bevel Curve Tools is an add-on for Blender 2.8 that allows use to place a curve in the scene that has a bevel instantly. While adding a bevel you can choose one of the four profiles called shapes. When working with curves this comes in handy and it could be a time saver.
The operator of the Bevel Curve Tools.
- Type of curve: NURBS or Bezier.
- Shape: Squeare, Half circle, Circle, Triangle.
- Use Subsurf Modifier: On/Off.
- Size Curve (simple sets the size of the curve.
- Scale Bevel in X (horizontal by default).
- Scale Bevel in Y (vertical by default).
- Rotate. (The bevel around it’s axis).
- Falloff. (Like a hair, a snail, or no fall-off).
Options in the panel
- New Beveled Curve. Add a beveled curve in the scene. Then the above operator pops up on the bottom left of the view-port.
- Add/Overide Bevel. To call the operator again, but you cannot set the type of curve.
- Edit Bevel. This allows you to edit the profile, or shape as this add-on calls it.
- Hide Bevel Objects. This will hide the profile or shapes. It’s a bit a hassle to turn them back on so you will want to leave it as is.
- Convert to Meshes. Converts the beveled curve to mesh.
- Convert to separate Meshes. In case you have more curves in one object this button with convert the curves into separate meshes.
- To Merged Mesh. When there are two curves in one object, this will convert to one mesh, but you will get faces intersecting.
- To Union Mesh. Same as previous one but now the faces are not intersecting. It looks like Union Boolean two meshes.
- To model anime hair.
- Model wires, cables, snails, tentacles.
- Use in combination with the polySweeper addon.
- (Logo) Animation with the Build Modifier.
- It is way of modeling. A curved bevel could a base mesh which you convert to mesh and sculpt or edit further.
How to use the Bevel Curve Tools.
No need to explain much, just go to the N-Panel, Tab: Curve tools, and add a new bevel. Then adjust settings in the operator.
Where to download Bevel Curve Tools add-on?
You can download the addon on Github. Click on the green button on the right-top, and download the .zip file. In Blender you go to Edit > Preferences > Addons. Click on Install and navigate to the .zip-file you just donwloaded. Press install and activate addon. (So that is as usual).
New Media Supply on Social Media
This website and article is provided by New Media Supply and you can find NMS here:
By engaging on Social Media you will support New Media Supply and this website. So if you have some time, thanks in advance!
EEVEE Production suite released!
It's amazing what we can do in Blender for such a small download. The downside of it is that we need to take a lot of steps for even the simplest things. And it could be so fast to produce, especially with EEVEE. The EEVEE Production suite is going to help you getting productive: just get your asset of model in the scene and produce... produce... produce.... Available on Blender Market. Click and see.